Journals are designed to store documents of the same type. There are four journals in “Salesman”:
You cannot add or delete journals. You also can't change their structure. To enter the journal, tap "Documents" and choose a desired journal.
Adding a New Document
The element of a journal is a document. To create a new document, use the "+" button. It is situated in the top right corner of the screen.
The context menu has the following options:
- "New" — creates a new document (like the "+" button);
- "Open" — opens a current document to view/edit (you can also do it just by tapping the document);
- "Copy" — creates a new document by copying a current one;
- "Delete" — deletes a current document. Please note, that deleted document can be restored;
- "Document-based input" — this option is available in Purchases and Sales journals. When you use it, a new "Payment" document is created, a current document is used as a basic document.
You can review the structure of journals independently. Select "Menu" → "Settings" and tap the “Field” window of the dialogue box. The drop-down list contains all the fields (columns) of the table.
A default order of sorting in the journals is by date, but you can change it as you like.